First post, by melbar
There is my second rebuilt chieftec system. And i think it may can be defined as a time machine also? Let's see.
- AMD Athlon 1200 (A1200AMS3B) , it's a thunderbird.
- socket A cooler, arctic cooling copper silent tc, it's with a thermal sensor inside to control fan speed..
- Abit KT7 (VIA KT133) , it's the non raid model with FSB 100 only.
- 2x 256Mb SD-RAM PC133 , so a total of 512 Mb ram.
- actually installed: RivaTNT2 pro , different vga cards are possible for a little upgrade (GF2MX400 , GF2Ti)
- ISA sound card - Avance logic ALS007
- MPU401 - Dreamblaster S2
- PCI sound card - Creative Soundblaster Live (CT4670)
- IDE to SD adapter with a 32Gb SD card inside.
- Lite-On LTR-48246S optical drive (writer). 48x speed.
- Pioneer DVD-116 optical drive. 16x/40x speed.
- 3.5" disk drive
- actually installed (maybe i'll switch to another one later): proSilence Goldedition - ATX 420W
(with fully recapped capacitors (the medium, big and biggest capacitors), also replaced the PSU fan with two 80mm Arctic F8 silent, also modifed with resistors)
- 2x 80mm case fan's - one Arctic F8 silent and one Aerocool - both modifed with resistors : 68 ohm and 130 ohm.
- Chieftec ATX case - beige
The CPU is unlocked. Before i have purchased this cpu, i had a look to the L2 bridges, cause i don't want to use the pencil trick ...
Because the thunderbirds get very hot and very power hungry at high frequencies, i don't wanna try any overclocking. The maximum of 1200MHz is really enough. For more, i'll take another machine.
But undervolting and underclocking is the key: what is possible with this machine:
I can set the multi from 5,5 to 12 (higher I will not consider), so a range of 550MHz to 1200MHz is possible.
Strangly a multiplier of 5 is not working and the abit kt7 is not going to boot.
Actually now, i'm playing Tomb Raider 2 and StarWars-Rougue Squadron3D.
Have started these games with 550MHz. But later @TR2 , i have switched to 650 or 750MHz due to low frame rate at some places...
Some pictures will follow.
#1 K6-2/500 [VIA MVP3]
#2 Athlon1200 [VIA KT133]
#3 Celeron1000A [i815EP]
#4 P4-2800 [i845]