VOGONS

My Very Long Bus Adventure.

Topic actions

Reply 220 of 221, by Chadti99

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks, I should really update the first post. Keep us posted on how your build turns out.

I usually buy from a seller on EBay who sells them as a pre-tested kit. You spend a bit more but I’ve never had a bad module yet. You can also make him an offer for $5 or so less than he’s asking and will usually accept. Just search for “ 1MB 15ns Cache SRAM Kit for 486”.

Reply 221 of 221, by OSkar000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Chadti99 wrote on 2021-11-21, 19:01:

Thanks, I should really update the first post. Keep us posted on how your build turns out.

I usually buy from a seller on EBay who sells them as a pre-tested kit. You spend a bit more but I’ve never had a bad module yet. You can also make him an offer for $5 or so less than he’s asking and will usually accept. Just search for “ 1MB 15ns Cache SRAM Kit for 486”.

I hope that I can complete it before the end of this year, or at least make it good enough to create a thread here with some more photos of it.

Most of it is pretty much done but upgrading from 128k L2 cache is something that has been on my todo-list way to long now. I will try to find a complete kit with tag-ram and cache 😀