First post, by soupapes
So today I received a lovely Aptiva I bought from eBay.
It was one of my dream machines when I was a young boy, after having as my first computer an IBM PS/1 486 😀
It's a Pentium 120MHz with 48Mb ram and 1.2GB HD.
I am planning to do the following upgrades:
- 3DFX Voodoo 4mb PCI
- Intel P200MHz CPU
- additional Hard Drive
- Replace MWAVE sound card with a Sound Blaster
- Install windows 98 SE
The BIOS of my machine comes in spanish, but I haven't found a menu option to change de language. Anyone knows how to do it in this machine?
Also tried a 10Gb hard drive, but the BIOS only supports up to 8.4Gb. Is there a recent BIOS update capable of solving this?
Greetings from Portugal!
- IBM Aptiva 2176/P166/Matrox Millenium 4Mb/Voodoo1 4Mb/48Mb/8Gb+8Gb SD-IDE/SB16/Win98SE
- 486 DX2 66/CL-GD5424/32mb/HD 600mb/Mozart601/Dos6.22+Win3.11
- P166MMX/S3VirgeDx/96Mb/8Gb SD-IDE/SB16/Win98SE
- P4 3GHz/FX5700/2Gb/HD 80Gb+160Gb/Win XP