First post, by melbar
Here my 3rd chieftec which has a traditional beige color.
It's mainly a DirectX 8 , Win98SE machine for the time range 2001 / 2002.
- Celeron 1000A (tualatin core), clocked @1400Mhz , FSB 140Mhz.
- socket A cooler, arctic cooling 3 copper silent lite, fan control with FAN mate 2.
- QDI SynactiX 5EP rev.2.0 , Intel 815EP chipset, FC-PGA2 socket, UltraATA 100, 6 PCI, Sound Connector (PC-PCI / SB-Link)
- 2x 256Mb SD-RAM PC133, so a total of 512 Mb ram. clocked @ 140Mhz , CL2.
- Geforce 3 Ti 200, from MSI (/Medion) , 64Mb DDR ram.
- PCI sound card - Terratec TT-SOLO1-SL - ES1938S
- possible with MPU401: - Dreamblaster S2 and CHILL AND PHIL MPU401 ADAPTER
- PCI sound card - Terratec XLerate - Aureal Vortex
- IDE to SD adapter with a 32Gb SD card inside.
- LG DVD Rom optical drive
- 3.5" disk drive
- Levicom WIN-400PS , ATX 420W
(with recapped capacitors (the medium, big and biggest capacitors), also replaced the PSU fan with two 80mm Arctic F8 silent, also modifed with resistors)
- 2x 80mm case fan's - Arctic F8 silent - with modifed with resistors
- Chieftec big tower ATX case - beige
Possible clock speeds via mainboard jumper:
FSB 66Mhz --> celeron 667MHz
FSB 100Mhz --> celeron 1000MHz
FSB 133Mhz --> celeron 1333MHz
It's running cool and quiet with a moderate overclock of 1400MHz. For me it's good and not out of spec for a tualatin core.