VOGONS

First post, by MRVFONE

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello All,

I just wanted to do a post about this All-in-one PC/Monitor i have been building / modding. Its turned out to be a GREAT retro PC! I have done a YouTube video on it.. and a web page to help others that may buy one.

I think people will find it different but interesting. I also gave credit to "JazeFox" for the VIAFMTSR that this PC needs as well.

Links below

http://www.igspgm.com/other/all-in/index.htm

https://youtu.be/tufXL8t28-k

T.

Reply 1 of 4, by Hezus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Interesting hardware! Seems like a very capable and compact system. Can the PCI slot be used for anything in this orientation?

Not sure if you know, but 'vollwertiger' isn't a brand name. It's German for 'fully-featured".

Last edited by Hezus on 2022-12-12, 08:46. Edited 1 time in total.

Visit my YT Channel!

Reply 2 of 4, by MRVFONE

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Hezus wrote on 2022-12-11, 21:34:

Interesting hardware! Seems like a very capable and compact system. Can the PCI slot be used for anything in this orientation?

Not sure if you know, but 'volwertiger' isn't a brand name. It's German for 'fully-featured".

No.. The PCI slot faces straight up. You need a right angle adaptor for it (which i have)... Its on my Mods TODO list..... (Did you look at my web site?)

I even have a PCI card i want to use with it...

OPPS, 'volwertiger' i must have lost it in translation..... 😀

T.

Attachments

Reply 3 of 4, by Hezus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I only checked the ebay listing before but now also took a look at your video and website.

What's the screen like with fast moving content? Any ghosthing going on? And are the built-in speakers any decent?

Visit my YT Channel!

Reply 4 of 4, by MRVFONE

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I haven't noticed any ghosting at all... Screen is really bright and clear. The screen has its own controls for brightness etc.. Same as built in speakers.. there is a volume level you can change tooo

Speakers are OK... The sound there probably being feed is probably a limiting factor as in quality of sound. Its Totally playable. I have been playing "The Settlers" with NO issues. Its basically like a "VIA EPIA" ITX Motherboard with a screen attached. The PCB drives the screen directly Digitally... so that helps what the screen looks like.