VOGONS

Reply 20 of 145, by H3nrik V!

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Or just 1GHz B CuMines, they'll probably outperform 1100's anyways ...

Please use the "quote" option if asking questions to what I write - it will really up the chances of me noticing 😀

Reply 22 of 145, by H3nrik V!

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
TrashPanda wrote on 2023-03-08, 11:32:
H3nrik V! wrote on 2023-03-08, 11:29:

How does that work ?

Higher Thermal envelope ?

No, but 133 FSB vs. 100, the extra 33% memory bandwidth could probably overshadow the 10% CPU clock increase, IMHO.

Please use the "quote" option if asking questions to what I write - it will really up the chances of me noticing 😀

Reply 23 of 145, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
H3nrik V! wrote on 2023-03-08, 12:23:
TrashPanda wrote on 2023-03-08, 11:32:
H3nrik V! wrote on 2023-03-08, 11:29:

How does that work ?

Higher Thermal envelope ?

No, but 133 FSB vs. 100, the extra 33% memory bandwidth could probably overshadow the 10% CPU clock increase, IMHO.

Didnt pick up on the B part .. brain fade

Reply 24 of 145, by Irinikus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Here's some more information form the Supermicro website and if you look at the voltage regulation from 1.3v to 1.5v, does that not suggest that it may be able to accommodate one of the later PIII CPU's?

There's a discrepancy in that the PDF manual for the board, it states that it supports up to 1.13GHz and here it states up to 1GHz!?

yFbvR5u.png

YouTube

Reply 26 of 145, by H3nrik V!

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Irinikus wrote on 2023-03-08, 12:50:
Here's some more information form the Supermicro website and if you look at the voltage regulation from 1.3v to 1.5v, does that […]
Show full quote

Here's some more information form the Supermicro website and if you look at the voltage regulation from 1.3v to 1.5v, does that not suggest that it may be able to accommodate one of the later PIII CPU's?

There's a discrepancy in that the PDF manual for the board, it states that it supports up to 1.13GHz and here it states up to 1GHz!?

yFbvR5u.png

Couldn't that be because of the initial 1.13 GHz recall, they changed the manual in order to not promise too much?

Reply 27 of 145, by Irinikus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
H3nrik V! wrote on 2023-03-08, 14:36:
Here's some more information form the Supermicro website and if you look at the voltage regulation from 1.3v to 1.5v, does that […]
Show full quote

yFbvR5u.png

Couldn't that be because of the initial 1.13 GHz recall, they changed the manual in order to not promise too much?

That may be the case!

Concerning the SCSI Optical drive, If I choose to slot the sound card in the second slot from the bottom, I'll be able to velcro the CD-ROM in place in this position inside the case: (There's plenty of clearance for the tray to open forward inside the case!)

kOWbdzq.jpg

YouTube

Reply 29 of 145, by Irinikus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've removed this scrap metal from the case, installed the extra standoffs required for the E-ATX Board (This Corsair Case does have all the correct mounting pints for the E-ATX board by the way!!! 😀 ), and installed my seemingly small 750W Power Supply.

vX5sMEZ.jpg

4vf3wSo.jpg

It's now ready to receive the Motherboard when it arrives from the US! 😀

YouTube

Reply 30 of 145, by H3nrik V!

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Might there be room for the optical drive under the motherboard, with a cut out in the rear side of the case to load it?

Reply 31 of 145, by H3nrik V!

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Or maybe sideways in front of the power supply, facing outwards through the acrylic window?

Reply 32 of 145, by Irinikus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The drive bays sit just infant of the PSU!

If it doesn't look good, the position where the drive is currently positioned will serve well during the Windows install and I'll then remove it once windows is installed.

To be honest, the Optical drive won't serve much of a purpose once windows is installed, as the system will be slotted with a USB II PCI card!

One thing that's for sure is that I'm going to make this system look as good as I possibly can!

YouTube

Reply 33 of 145, by Irinikus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

These are the cards that I intend installing:

Voodoo5 5500 PCI Mac Version

GsYgxx8.jpg

Belkin F5U220 PCI 4 Port Internal PC USB Expansion Card (Any suggestions regarding a better card are welcome!)

G2j1eVX.jpg

ARECA 1130ML PCI-X RAID Card 256MB ECC Cache

hqVixux.jpg

Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS

elfMo52.jpg

YouTube

Reply 34 of 145, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Show full quote

yFbvR5u.png

PDf manuals are pretty easy to update and will generally get updated on the fly, but reprinting physical manuals once they have gone to printing ..yeah thats expensive..too expensive for them to bother.

Reply 35 of 145, by CwF

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Almost my favorite board of all time! So I guess I should liquidate some of those manuals I have!

I built many in the later P3TD series and still have an E6 with agp-Pro working and some dead LE's.

Anyway, I remember there being a cpu fsb 100/133 jumper and remember running a pair of 700/100's at 133 for me, only later using the T's at 1.26 and 1.4. The 4GB mem capacity kept them functional until, well, recently! I also seem to remember there being jumpers for the pci slots clock 33/66. I think 2 jumpers, for slots 1-3 and 4-6. So group 66 and 33 cards together. I remember many if not most quality cards doing fine at 66. For the CD database type applications of the past I would set up external scsi Pioners cd 6 pack changers or internal (5slot?) Nakamichis. Good times

I used to know what I was doing...

Reply 36 of 145, by Irinikus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
CwF wrote on 2023-03-09, 03:59:

Almost my favorite board of all time! So I guess I should liquidate some of those manuals I have!

I built many in the later P3TD series and still have an E6 with agp-Pro working and some dead LE's.

Anyway, I remember there being a cpu fsb 100/133 jumper and remember running a pair of 700/100's at 133 for me, only later using the T's at 1.26 and 1.4. The 4GB mem capacity kept them functional until, well, recently! I also seem to remember there being jumpers for the pci slots clock 33/66. I think 2 jumpers, for slots 1-3 and 4-6. So group 66 and 33 cards together. I remember many if not most quality cards doing fine at 66. For the CD database type applications of the past I would set up external scsi Pioners cd 6 pack changers or internal (5slot?) Nakamichis. Good times

Thanks for the input! 😀

When you say T’s do you mean Coppermine T?

YouTube

Reply 37 of 145, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
TrashPanda wrote on 2023-03-09, 02:32:
Show full quote

yFbvR5u.png

PDf manuals are pretty easy to update and will generally get updated on the fly, but reprinting physical manuals once they have gone to printing ..yeah thats expensive..too expensive for them to bother.

I have v1.2 of the printed manual from 2000 (which it shares with my 1U version of the board, the 370DER download/file.php?id=98898&mode=view ) and it only mentions 500MHz - 1GHz support

Reply 38 of 145, by TrashPanda

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Irinikus wrote on 2023-03-09, 04:06:
CwF wrote on 2023-03-09, 03:59:

Thanks for the input! 😀

When you say T’s do you mean Coppermine T?

Coppermine T stopped at 1.133, pretty sure the T refers to Tualatin which 1.26 and 1.4 makes sense !

Reply 39 of 145, by Irinikus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I’m wanting to confirm if I can go ahead and purchase two Tualatin’s!

I just need someone who’s had experience with this board to confirm their compatibility.

YouTube