VOGONS

Reply 282 of 429, by Eivind

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got the boards delivered today! Now begins the process of:
- unpacking and freeing the boards from their smt assembly support rails
- soldering the sound card chip
- soldering the wifi-modem (for those who wanted that)
- soldering the ps/2 connector
- programming the attiny and rp2040 chips
- soldering the yamaha chips to the opl3 modules
- connecting all peripherals to each and every board and do a proper round of testing
- cleaning
- packaging
- shipping

I'll do my best to be quick about this, but don't expect miracles as I have three kids and a full time job... 😉
Will contact everyone who's made a purchase with the tracking number once your package is sent!

Attachments

• IMG_0962.jpeg
    Filename
    IMG_0962.jpeg
    File size
    357.1 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

The LlamaBlaster sound card
ITX-Llama motherboard
TinyLlama SBC

Reply 283 of 429, by fluxrez

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't speak for everyone, but take your time. Unbelievable project. I will cherish this for years to come.

Attachments

Reply 287 of 429, by tabm0de

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
alex.taras wrote on 2023-12-05, 14:54:

Instead of modern cases, how about the checkmate cases? They have some pretty nice ITX amiga inspired cases. https://www.checkmate1500plus.com/Products.aspx?searchkey=6

True, my self i am a pc guy so would just be wrong :p
Also I would say it is abit big 😉

naa, nothing yet...

Reply 288 of 429, by thomb81

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

It looks like Llamas have started appearing out in the wild:

DSC03253.jpg
Filename
DSC03253.jpg
File size
1.79 MiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Got the Vortex86EX from DMP shop just over a week ago. Conveniently I live in the same neighbourhood, so I was able to pick up the ITX-Llama in person earlier today 😀

Reply 290 of 429, by Eivind

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
thomb81 wrote on 2023-12-07, 02:07:

It looks like Llamas have started appearing out in the wild:

I've started shipping out cards, but unfortunately I've been tied up with work and personal stuff way more than anticipated.
For everyone who's been waiting patiently, please bear with me - your card is coming, just takes a little while longer! 😀

ITX-Llama motherboard
TinyLlama SBC

Reply 291 of 429, by tabm0de

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
radivx wrote on 2023-12-12, 09:30:

For those thinking of going for the Coolermaster NR200P.
I am working on a 3D printable retro style kit for it based on the MACASE-cases:

https://imgur.com/a/HE0CajI

That is going on my normal pc! 😀 real nice 😀

naa, nothing yet...

Reply 293 of 429, by Eivind

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
fluxrez wrote on 2023-12-13, 17:42:

How is this fan mounted? Are the holes some kind of standard? I see in the original photo a 3D printed mount. Is that publicly available?

The fan mounting holes are 5 mm in diameter. You can 3D print whatever you want of course, the one in the photos is made for the 40x40x10mm Noctua fan and can be found (along with basic setup instructions) right here.

ITX-Llama motherboard
TinyLlama SBC

Reply 294 of 429, by fluxrez

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Assembly partially completed. Left my multimeter at work during the holidays. Scared to power anything on until I test this aliexpress power supply. The case also patches the 120 volts to it and I'm worried I wired it backwards.

Attachments

Reply 295 of 429, by tabm0de

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
fluxrez wrote on 2024-01-01, 01:14:

Assembly partially completed. Left my multimeter at work during the holidays. Scared to power anything on until I test this aliexpress power supply. The case also patches the 120 volts to it and I'm worried I wired it backwards.

Nice, waiting for my case, need to try to make a io plate also if no one has made one 😀

naa, nothing yet...

Reply 296 of 429, by Eivind

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Update:

Happy New Year everyone!
I've finally completed shipping out all the boards for the October group buy. 🎉

Now, I have some good news and some bad.

First, the bad - for everyone who was too late for the October group buy and has since sent me an email expressing an interest in joining a later group buy, I'm very sorry but I'm not going to do another order. As I'm sure some of you (but probably not most) know, assembling and shipping out a substantial number of hardware units takes a long time. If all of the boards from the PCB manufacturer had been perfectly assembled with 100% of the components in place, it would have been much easier. As it turned out, assembling some of the components, reworking boards, programming, testing, packaging and shipping just took waaaay more time than I'd anticipated, and was just overall too stressful for me to consider doing again.

For the good news - instead of making more boards, I'll be open-sourcing the hardware, including gerber files, schematics, layout and BOM (with JLC/LCSC part numbers) over the coming week or so.

Last edited by Eivind on 2024-01-04, 21:36. Edited 1 time in total.

ITX-Llama motherboard
TinyLlama SBC

Reply 297 of 429, by tabm0de

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Eivind wrote on 2024-01-04, 15:27:
Update: […]
Show full quote

Update:

Happy New Year everyone!
I've finally completed shipping out all the boards for the October group buy. 🎉

Now, I have some good news and some bad.

First, the bad - for everyone who was too late for the October group buy and has since sent me an email expressing an interest in joining a later group buy, I'm very sorry but I'm not going to do another order. As I'm sure some of you (but probably not most) know, assembling and shipping out a substantial number of hardware units takes a long time. If all of the boards from the PCB manufacturer had been perfectly assembled with 100% of the components in place, it would have been much easier. As it turned out, the time I had to spend assembling some of the components, reworking boards, programming, testing, packaging and shipping just took waaaay more time than I'd anticipated, and was just overall too stressful for me to consider doing again.

For the good news - instead of making more boards, I'll be open-sourcing the hardware, including gerber files, schematics, layout and BOM (with JLC/LCSC part numbers) over the coming week or so.

Thanks for talking your time creating this and had some of us buy complete board, I can’t imagine time you have spent for us and the community.
I remember my self how much work it was when made 4 of the first tinylama by hand 😀 ( no will not do that again! )

And to all others, ping me if someone finds long agp extension cable! :p

naa, nothing yet...

Reply 298 of 429, by Eivind

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
fluxrez wrote on 2024-01-01, 01:14:

Did you manage to test the PSU and power on the board? 😀

ITX-Llama motherboard
TinyLlama SBC

Reply 299 of 429, by fluxrez

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Eivind wrote on 2024-01-04, 21:37:

Did you manage to test the PSU and power on the board? 😀

Not yet. This weekend probably. I did lookup diagrams on a PC power plug and the ATX power supply voltages. I'll test every little bit before I plug anything in. And I know there will be no replacements!