VOGONS

My first attempt at retro PC

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 25, by bartonxp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That's a really nice looking build, I like the teenage hotrod look you got going on. The ridiculous amount of stickers, every slot filled with good hardware, every bay occupied, and all wrapped in that old school retro beige motif. It's like a piece of art. Although I might've gone white LEDs or even red. Where did you get all those stickers?

Reply 21 of 25, by gen_angry

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
bartonxp wrote on 2023-04-24, 01:48:

That's a really nice looking build, I like the teenage hotrod look you got going on. The ridiculous amount of stickers, every slot filled with good hardware, every bay occupied, and all wrapped in that old school retro beige motif. It's like a piece of art. Although I might've gone white LEDs or even red. Where did you get all those stickers?

A good bit of them are probably from Geekenspiel's store or ebay.

Reply 22 of 25, by rakun86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No issues so far with resources. The only issue that I have is with the voodoo2 cards. The cards are not matched, one is Helios other is Diamond so im using fastv2 drivers.
Scanline Interleave is Detected but the memory remained at 4mb of frame buffer and 8 of total texture. I can run the games in 1024x768 resolution. I take that is a driver issue?

The stickers are printed at a local print shop on some glossy sort of sticker paper. Nothing raised or with texture though. 1.5eur per sheet. Im set for life 😉

Attachments

• Stickers.jpg
    Filename
    Stickers.jpg
    File size
    633.48 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 24 of 25, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That's a nice looking system for sure. The cable management is definitely not period correct though. Period correct cable management would be to bundle all the cables up (just grab them with one or two hands without sorting them afterwards) and then put a tie rib around them and all done! 🤣

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!