VOGONS

First post, by boggsman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've had this machine since about 2001. It originally had a 900MHz Athlon, but recently I stumbled upon a 1GHz part and it is now the machine of my dreams.

Gateway Jabil Kadoka 751 Motherboard
AMD Athlon 1GHz Orion Slot A
384MB Micron PC100 2-2-2
Elsa Gloria Quadro DCC (basically a Geforce3 non-Ti)
2x Diamond Monster 3D Voodoo2 12MB SLI
SB Live!
Hitachi Deskstar 40GB 7200RPM
WinME

Attachments

• athlon-1ghz-4.jpg
    Filename
    athlon-1ghz-4.jpg
    File size
    117.25 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • athlon-1ghz-3.jpg
    Filename
    athlon-1ghz-3.jpg
    File size
    124.7 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • athlon-1ghz-2.jpg
    Filename
    athlon-1ghz-2.jpg
    File size
    112.41 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
Last edited by boggsman on 2023-06-30, 04:15. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 6, by Hezus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Awesome! Another Jabil Kadoka machine 😀 I've put together an Athlon 700 with that same motherboard earlier this year: AMD K7 Althon Slot A build (1999)

Did you figure out the pinouts? I managed to hook up all LEDs and switches but there were still many pins left unused for which I don't know the function.

Visit my YT Channel!

Reply 4 of 6, by boggsman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Awesome! Love your Kadoka build! I love that this board has the AMD southbridge, no ISA slots, and no electrolytic capacitors. It is a solid board. I don't know what all the pins are for, I just guessed 🤣, and luckily didn't break anything. I used to have a Voodoo3 in my machine before I picked up the Voodoo2's. I also had a Matrox G400 for a while. I love this machine! I have a lot of fun with it and use it semi-daily for gaming.

Attachments

Reply 5 of 6, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I worked on one of these back in 1999 or 2000. It was unstable for some reason but yeah don't remember the details.

Slot A is some of the most interesting hardware. Such exciting times those were. The AGP is a bit quirky however.

Reply 6 of 6, by boggsman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
swaaye wrote on 2023-07-10, 16:13:

I worked on one of these back in 1999 or 2000. It was unstable for some reason but yeah don't remember the details.

Slot A is some of the most interesting hardware. Such exciting times those were. The AGP is a bit quirky however.

The first boards were a little finicky, but by the end of it they got it right. VIA Slot1 chipsets were a little finicky as well though. Yeah the AMD 751 really only supports AGP 2X.