VOGONS

First post, by kobaspaladin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried to have all the iconic stuff in the machine, i could not affort when i began in 1995.

Here we go:

Intel DX-4 100
SOYO SY-025L2 VLB
16MB
Hercules VL Bus Dynamite Et4000 W32i 2MB
Promise DC-4030-2 VL Cache Controller with updated Bios vor LBA
SB16 c1750 with Waveblaster 2
Mitsumi Double Speed CDR connected via SB16
Sony Multiscan 200SF Trinitron
Trust Stereo Gaming Speaker

Attachments

• battlestation.jpg
    Filename
    battlestation.jpg
    File size
    136.31 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1 of 4, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Very nice build. Now you need a network card so you can organise LAN party's like its 1995 😀
(we spent many weekends playing Doom, ROTT, C&C, Warcraft)

I really like that you have a Waveblaster 2. I know better midi cards exist but it's still a part of computing history and not that common.

Reply 2 of 4, by H3nrik V!

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
chinny22 wrote on 2024-03-13, 22:44:

Very nice build. Now you need a network card so you can organise LAN party's like its 1995 😀
(we spent many weekends playing Doom, ROTT, C&C, Warcraft)

Yeah, back then, LAN gaming was always a full weekend, as most of Friday afternoon was spent reinstalling OS, network drivers and even getting the computers to be able to see each other on the network 🤣

Please use the "quote" option if asking questions to what I write - it will really up the chances of me noticing 😀

Reply 3 of 4, by kobaspaladin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yep, we used to LAN Party to. I had the advantage that when i came from the military, i went direct to University where i lived in a Student home. we connected all PC with wires from Window to Window 🤣

Reply 4 of 4, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
H3nrik V! wrote on 2024-03-14, 06:10:

Yeah, back then, LAN gaming was always a full weekend, as most of Friday afternoon was spent reinstalling OS, network drivers and even getting the computers to be able to see each other on the network 🤣

Yes that was our experience as well!