MT-32 Service Notes 1st/2nd Edition

General information and assistance with Munt.

Re: MT-32 Service Notes 1st/2nd Edition

Postby CrossBow777 » 2019-3-05 @ 14:54

Spazilton wrote:Would someone mind please rehosting the 2nd edition files? I have a NWI modified MT-32 that I am going to try to document the modifications for the community but I would rather not have to figure out the schematics from scratch. TY!

Not much there other than the capacitor list for the rev1 that I sumbitted and the map of the capacitor locations. In fact they don't even have a direct link to this yet from their main Wiki pages and I had to search for it. Probably once there is more information Luke will get it more fleshed out.

https://console5.com/wiki/Roland_MT-32
CrossBow777

Postby Spazilton » 2019-3-05 @ 18:04

OK, someone in this thread posted the 2nd edition but removed the link. I am looking for a schematic for the -01 revision PCB so I can see the changes of the NWI noise and PCM mods.
Spazilton

Postby AmiSapphire » 2019-3-12 @ 22:18

Spazilton wrote:OK, someone in this thread posted the 2nd edition but removed the link. I am looking for a schematic for the -01 revision PCB so I can see the changes of the NWI noise and PCM mods.

I do have the 2nd Edition of these notes from that link, but it's not particularly readable in some sections (to me, at least). However, I still regret not buying the physical copy of the 2nd Edition notes I saw on eBay a few years ago... Was about the same time I bought my own MT-32.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WstlJe ... sp=sharing
Computer in my collection that had too much work done is... Compaq Armada 1573DM!

- Original DSTN panel replaced with an HPA panel
- Left hinge repaired twice
- Front panel replaced twice
- Replaced busted inverter
- Chassis replacement
AmiSapphire

Postby Spazilton » 2019-3-18 @ 23:36

Perfect, yea they are rough but I should be able to get what I need. I’m going to attempt to make some schematics for the RWI mod. Thank you for the upload!
Spazilton

Previous

Return to MT-32 General