VOGONS

First post, by Dimitris1980

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have connected my roland mt-32 via macman midiman interface on my performa 6116 and i have copied the necessary files to the extensions folder. When i run sierra games (like King's Quest, Freddy Pharkas etc.) using the roland mt32 driver it seems that it works. The lcd screen of roland is showing various messages while the game is running. The problem is that i do not hear any sound. I did something like that: I bought a cable almost like this http://www.proaudiosuppliers.com/hosa-cmp-159.html. The difference is that all the edges are 3,5mm so i also bought two adaptor converters from 1/4" to 1/8". I connected these adaptors in the two jacks (L & R) of roland mt-32,then i connected the two edges of the 3,5mm cable in the adaptors and the other edge (the third) i connected it to the 'mic' jack of my mac. I don't hear a thing. What do i have to do? The roland all the time is showing midi messages (various titles of the music that plays) while the games are running. It seems that it is working.

Reply 1 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

he he, that puzzled me as well. The solution is that Apple doesn't pass through the line-in to the speakers...
You need the program LineIn from http://www.rogueamoeba.com/freebies/ and enable passtrough with that. You need that everytime you need to hear your MT32...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

ahh, didn't see that. You need to search for this yourself.

DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 5 of 6, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Just in case: In Windows I always have to mute and unmute mic in, in volume mixer control pannel.

Really? Never had to do this when I was on Windows... it might be driver related, too.

Reply 6 of 6, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

actually it happens only if you plug/unplug minijack while windows is working.(it is automaticaly muted it you plug or unplug). It doesn't happen with line in, i guess cause mic in might have volume boosted thus the possibility of breaking speakers is higher.