VOGONS

First post, by canadacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This is just a quick post to let everyone know that the EFF (http://www.eff.org/) has agreed to represent me. I will try to keep everyone informed of any progress in the matter. In the meantime, I'm spending my time on DosBox trying to get the Second Reality demo working and a GUS emulator implemented (fortunately there are no samples required for it!)

Reply 2 of 6, by teamster1975

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Totally agree. In the mean time, it would be great if you get GUS emulation cracked Canadacow!
I remember Second Reality on my brother's computer with a GUS; I was totally blown away 😁 I was stuck with a Soundblaster Pro 🙁
His computer was the first we had with a 3 1/2" floppy drive, I was still stuck with 5 1/4" and an almighty 32Mb MFM hard disk!
I remember how chuffed I was when I upgraded the RAM from 640K to 1MB! I could load DOS into high memory!
Anyone remember the tune your computer used to sing as it struggled into life? Saddest thing is that I still remember the command for low level formatting an MFM drive; run debug, then e c800:5. (Well i might be wrong, it was a long time ago!)

[edit] Sorry everyone, most of this was way OT, I'd had a few beers after meeting up with an old mate. Bad combination for intelligent conversation! Also I was a few years off with final reality! Doh!

Last edited by teamster1975 on 2003-10-27, 11:00. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 6, by canadacow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Some people had previously mentioned giving dontations for the MT-32 emulation project. I just had an idea... though I don't want any money for my involvement in this, I would encourage people to donate to the EFF as a way to support the project.