VOGONS

First post, by Karpo_007

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried searching but couldn't find an answer. For some reason Monkey Island 2 and Indiana Jones Fate of Atlantis [Talkie] are missing all digital sound, voice, sound effects etc. I'm using DosBox 0.61 with MT-32 support.

I'm sure it's a problem with Dosbox configuration, in Scummvm everything works. Of course I'd rather play it with MT-32 Dosbox because the difference in music quality is huge.

System: Xp2400, 512 DDR, Radeon 9800 PRO, Soundblaster live 5.1,

Reply 1 of 3, by Karpo_007

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Update, same thing with Lemmings 2. MT-32 music works great, but no sound effects. On noramal Dosbox they all work fine. Strangely enough Gabriel Knight 1 works perfectly... Has anyone else had similar problems with any of the games above?

Reply 2 of 3, by Ictoagh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

SoundBlaster emulation appears to be broken with the MT-32 DOSBox. It works perfectly in the normal DOSBox distribution.

There are some differences between the distributions, so, you may want to try the normal release (but, you won't get the MT32 Music ....)

Reply 3 of 3, by Karpo_007

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah I suspected that, but it only makes me wonder more why Gabriel Knight works perfectly. Now that I've used to the MT-32 music it's hard to go back to normal midi... 😢 I'l probably wait and hope that a fixed version will be released soon.

Thank you everyone involved with the Dosbox and the MT-32 version!