VOGONS

First post, by RetroDos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey Guys,

I've been an avid Munt User - back in the days my allowance wouldn't buy me more than a SoundBlaster card. A couple of years ago I stumbled across the great Munt project, installed it on my Windows 7 machine enjoyed true MIDI ever since.

Yesterday, however, I tried to install Munt on my Notebook as well, which runs Windows 10. I downloaded the latest Munt Version (munt-2.5.0-amd64.exe) from Sourceforge, ran the installation and tried to start it. But whenever I try to get the program to open, Windows tells me that "This App can't run on your PC". I've tried several compatability modes, but to no avail. Needless to say, when I try to start a DOSBox game with MIDI sound enabled, MT-32 tells me that it can't find the Control ROM (which I have, of course). I assume I have to get Munt started in order to tell it where the control ROMs are located. Which I unfortunately can't.

Assuming that the problem usually sits in front of the computer, I hope you can point me in the right direction. Do you have any idea how I could get Munt to open? Is there a default directory where Munt is looking for the Control ROMs? Or can I edit a file and tell Munt where to find them?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

All the best from Frankfurt, Germany,
Daniel

P.S. I'm running Windows 10 Home, Version 20H2, Build 19042.1237, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0. And its a 32-bit System.

Reply 1 of 2, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Download 32-bit version:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/munt/files/m … 32.exe/download

It seems you have downloaded munt-2.5.0-amd64.exe that is 64-bit version and won't run on your 32-bit OS.

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs

Reply 2 of 2, by RetroDos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dear kixs,

you know what? The second I typed that last sentence ("And its a 32-bit System.") I thought, well, MAYBE that 64-bit version of Munt I downloaded wasn't the best choice. 😀 Like you suggested, I installed the 32-bit version and everything works perfectly now. Thanks for the quick help!