VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Terrapin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey Vogonites and Dosbox wizards,

I have a project I've been working on for some time now, which I've entitled Portable Dosbox Autolaunchers.

Basically, it's a file/folder structure with Dosbox included with an optimized .conf file and a .bat script to run the game.
The .bat file tells Dosbox to start with a custom .conf file, and the .conf file issues automated commands to get the game running. No game files or disc images are provided. That is up to the end user. And all they would need to do is copy official game files into a specified folder (along with a disc image when applicable) and run the included .bat file to start the game (or setup.bat if they want to change settings).

I should probably elaborate on the universal file/folder structure I use for each game...
Here is a layout example, which I hope makes sense. I'll use Hexen for this example:

Hexen\ <--- Mounted as C in Dosbox
Hexen\HEXEN\*.* <--- Game Files
Hexen\Disc\Hexen.iso <--- Mounted as D in Dosbox
Hexen\Dosbox\*.* <--- Dosbox + .conf file

The .conf's [autoexec] section would be as follows:

mount c ".."
imgmount d C:\Disc\Hexen.iso
C:
Hexen.exe
exit

My issue is with automating the imgmount command.

I would like to be able to use a command that would allow imgmount to automatically mount any .iso or .cue file regardless of filename.
Since filenames might vary on the side of the end user.

I was thinking something like this might work:

imgmount d .\Disc\*.iso -t iso

OR

imgmount d ".\Disc\*.cue" -t iso

But that seems to not be the case.

Is there any syntax I could use for the imgmount command which would allow any .iso or .cue file it finds in a specified folder to be mounted before running the game?