VOGONS

First post, by djcuze

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay. two days ago i downloaded the infamous DosBox 7.0, and it was working beatifully. But i tried playing my game today, and DosBox keyboard is muddled up. I can't use the '\' key. or the Right Shift key, and there's a few others. Its really wierd. But the problem is, i NEED the '\' key.

This was working the other day, so, i did the sensible thing and downloaded it and installed it again (didnt uninstall the first one cause it didnt show up in my Remove programs folder). i AM running on Windows Vista and downloaded and update this morning before trying. Could this be the problem? I read the topic on what i should include in a help ticket, but i dont any of those things.

I even tried using my old old old keyboard, but the same thing happened. I have no idea why its doing this so i hope that you can help me asap. Please, if possible, email your answers to me at djcuze@hotmail.com, only because i have a SHOCKING memory and will most likely forget to read this post again. I won't email you back unless its an answer to a question you have or maybe to thank you, but taht will be the extent of my emails. Please help.

Cheers.

Nathan "Sillky" Anderson

Reply 1 of 3, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Try usescancodes=false (dosbox.conf), and remove your email address.

Reply 2 of 3, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
djcuze wrote:

I can't use the '\' key. or the Right Shift key, and there's a few others. Its really wierd. But the problem is, i NEED the '\' key.

Why not reading the included readme file and using the '/' instead of the '\'?

Klimawandel.

Reply 3 of 3, by ErikGG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Also check out the New DOSBox FAQ on this forum. (In the General section)
It has an answer to your question.

Erik.

Read the new FAQ.doc