VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Stomp357

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just got me this HOTAS system, and have yet to use the control manager software for it as WinXP does not need it for the controllers to work. WinXP sees it as 2 seperate controls. Can DOSbox use both these controls at once? I set DOSBox to "auto", "2axis", and "4axis", but only the Flightstick Pro works within games (even games that support throttles), and neither the Pro Throttle, nor the Flightstick's throttle work in the games. Only 2 buttons work on the Flightstick within games (even games that support 4 buttons) instead of 4.
I installed the updated .sdl into DOSBox .70. The game I'm trying to get my controllers to work in is Privateer 2 "The Darkning". The Flightstick calibrates in the game, but only works as a 2 button joystick. Neither the Pro Throttle, nor the Flightstick's throttle is detected.

Reply 2 of 4, by rikard

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys, my first post here 😀

Well, I suffer the same problem as the initial author does, cannot make my F16 Fighter stick + ProTrottle work properly (joysticks 2 primary axis works, but the 3:rd axis (trottle) just don't work). I have tried w/o the ProTrottle aswell (using the fighter sticks own trottle), but no luck.

It seems that the DOSBox initializing the joystick good, but in game (Fleet Defender by MicroProse) it just won't work . Below is the DOSBox console message I get:

---------------------------------------------
DOSBox version 0.72
Copyright 2002-2007 DOSBox Team, published under GNU GPL.
---
CONFIG:Loading primary settings from config file G:\DOSBox-0.72\dosbox.conf
MIDI:Opened device:win32
One joystick reported, initializing with 4axis
Using joystick CH F16 FlightStick with 3 axes, 4 buttons and 0 hat(s)
----------------------------------------------

Anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks in advance,
rikard

Reply 3 of 4, by rikard

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Feeling stupid and ignorant ... I found the fault. I just had to edit the following line in the config file, under the joystick settings:

swap34=true*

*(swap34 -- swap the 3rd and the 4th axis. can be useful for certain joysticks).

Now the trottle works aswell - with or without the ProTrottle 😀
- rikard

Reply 4 of 4, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Nice you already figured it out yourself. For more complex axis swapping
you can try the mapper (see the readme for some examples), like swapping
left/right to gain extra skills in flight sims.