VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by 88rxn/a

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😢 i been going crazy searching and trying to figure this out! if someone could please take the time to show me what im doing wrong?? im currently using a program that was made to run in DOS. i need ot load a file into this program while its on DOS. the program is for a standalone engine management sytem know as a HALTECH which looks like this: http://www.haltech.com.au/dos.htm now i have MAPS (preset fuel and timing configurations) to load into the haltech but i dont know how?? im not sure where to place the MAP exe. files so they can be loaded into this program while being ran in DOSbox? i am capable of running the system in windows without DOS and loading the files that way but i cannot connect the PC to the haltech without using DOSbox and i cannot save the MAP in the haltech program to switch it over to DOS box from windows.

so my question is:

is there a way to mount the MAP files somewhere so that i may load them into my haltech while using DOSbox??

thanks so much for looking and the time you took to help!!

trying to use DOS for haltech E6K on windows XP pro!!!!

Reply 1 of 12, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Please provide us with details on how you start DOSBox, and if you mount any Windows folders as drives in DOSBox.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 12, by 88rxn/a

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i mounted the haltech program into the DOSbox so when i open DOSbox i just type in the command name and the program (haltech) starts up. the only thing mounted into DOSbox is the haltech program so as far as i know, no window programs into DOSbox. maybe it wont work because the MAPS are windows? BTW; if you couldnt tell already, im kind of PC ignorant.

these are some of the MAPS im trying to run in the haltech program
http://www.hitman.hm/maps.htm

Reply 4 of 12, by 88rxn/a

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

sorry, i downloaded the hatlech program from here. http://www.haltech.com.au/downloads.htm
it was the " E6Kv634.zip "
then i did exactly as the tutorial guide said given here

The Newbie's Pictorial Guide To DOSBox

i followed exactly as it was written and it worked perfectly.

Reply 5 of 12, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

i mounted the haltech program into the DOSbox

You can not mount a program - you can only mount a folder.

Reply 6 of 12, by 88rxn/a

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

im sorry for coming off as such a rookie on this. im really trying to explain myslef so you may understand. i placed the program into the folder so i could then mount the prgoram into DOSbox.(i followed the guidline given here The Newbie's Pictorial Guide To DOSBox) i have no trouble running the haltech program in the DOSbox. the trouble i am having is loading a MAP into the haltech program while its running in DOSbox.

Reply 7 of 12, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

The point is that this information is not really useful. Exact specification means
something like "i type >mount c d:\xyz< then i move to directory zzz and
execute vwx (see the screenshot right before hitting enter)" etc. etc.

In general: install everything WITHIN dosbox. The program, the addon.
Best in a different directory than the one you currently have and are using
outside dosbox.

Reply 8 of 12, by 88rxn/a

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok,
i have DOSbox in drive C:
i also have the haltech folder in drive C:
so i open DOSbox and i mounted the haltech folder
mount C C:\haltech
then DOSbox says: drive C is mounted as local directory C:haltech
it becomes mounted the name of the program in the haltech folder is e6k i then type e6k in DOSbox and the program starts up in DOSbox

Reply 9 of 12, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

And where (in Windows) do you keep your MAPS files?
The name of the folder please.

Reply 11 of 12, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

you really should work on your answers.
If you only say drive c: one doesn't really know where you keep them.
If you keep them in C:\haltech then your maps should be avaiallable. If you keep them somewhere else (really the c:\ drive root, not a folder?), then the program can not find them since they are not mounted (when you "mount C C:\haltech" then c:\haltech becomes the c:\ drive for Dosbox). Throw the maps file into the haltech folder then.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper