VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by tinyabs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Does anyone use game cheaters?

Currently I have Infinity Machine but it doesnt work too well. I'm planning to integrate game cheater on my frontend.

Anyone has an alternative can PM me.

Thanks.

Reply 3 of 14, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I used Game Wizard 3.0, mainly for save and load in some games.

I don't know if it works in DOSBox.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 8 of 14, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

an exaustive easy to use cheats function would be enough for me to start using your front end 😉 good idea tinyabs.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 9 of 14, by A600

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
VisitntX wrote:

It works perfect in dosbox, i'm using it with the emu, but the function to save/load isn't work.

The save/load function works if you boot from a real MS-DOS disk. I tried it with a MSDOS 6.22 disk and Zak McKracken and worked.

Reply 10 of 14, by lwc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

After some research, I only use the freeware "Generic Game Trainer" (yes, that's actually its name).

It's for Windows, so in the list it gives me I just select dosbox.exe itself and it always works. The downside, of course, is that I must save all of my cheats under dosbox.exe and not under their own names.

Also, while it saves the cheats in their own files, it sadly stores its setings in the registry without a way to remove them.

So if you want to use this and ever want to remove the settings from the registry, here's my REG file to remove them. Just paste the following lines into Notepad and save it as something.reg, then double click it and confirm:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Generic Game Trainer]
Last edited by lwc on 2007-08-04, 22:48. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 14 of 14, by lwc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
lwc wrote on 2007-08-04, 17:16:

After some research, I only use the freeware "Generic Game Trainer" (yes, that's actually its name).

Since the time I wrote it, this software was removed from its site and stopped working in Windows.

Nowadays I guess the go-to program is https://cheatengine.org (again, "Cheat Engine" is actually its name), which works well with DOSBox.
Just like the former program, it treats all games as one single game called "DOSBox", but this time it lets you save as many cheat files as you like, while the previous program loaded all cheats for the "DOSBox" game at once.
If you download it, note it also offers a portable RAR version that doesn't interfere with your system.