VOGONS

Resolutions

Topic actions

First post, by chinagreenelvis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When DOSBox uses "original" resolution for various modes and games, which resolutions is it actually asking the display to change to?

For text mode, in svga_s3, is it requesting a resolution of 720x400 or something else?
For 320x200 games, is it requesting a resolution of 640x400 or 640x480?

I'm trying to get modelines set up to see if I can somehow get resolution switching to happen for DOSBox Pure in Retroarch.

Reply 1 of 1, by theelf

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
chinagreenelvis wrote on 2024-06-07, 18:52:
When DOSBox uses "original" resolution for various modes and games, which resolutions is it actually asking the display to chang […]
Show full quote

When DOSBox uses "original" resolution for various modes and games, which resolutions is it actually asking the display to change to?

For text mode, in svga_s3, is it requesting a resolution of 720x400 or something else?
For 320x200 games, is it requesting a resolution of 640x400 or 640x480?

I'm trying to get modelines set up to see if I can somehow get resolution switching to happen for DOSBox Pure in Retroarch.

Hi! i have a thin client with a ati card than can do lower resolutions, and dosbox output real 320x200 resolution

dosbox problem (sdl problem in fact) is not resolutions, but refresh rates that cant be selected