VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi. When I'm running Wndows 3.11 in DOSbox and I want to exit out of Windows I go to "File" in Program Manager, click "Exit Windows". The dialog box comes up and I click "Ok" and then nothing happens--Windows freezes up, it doesn't even close. Is there any remedy for this? Also, while browsing through this part of the forum, I found where some people have asked if is possible to save/load saved games while playing these games in DOSbox, and others have told these people "no". Is this true?

Reply 2 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

No, not while playing.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 5, by h-a-l-9000

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Two things that should not get mixed up:

a) The game's built in saving mechanism - works in DOSBox

b) "Save States" - stores the emulators working state to disk so you can close it and reopen at some other time (for games that can not save). This is planned but not possible in current DOSBox.

Last edited by h-a-l-9000 on 2008-03-18, 17:55. Edited 1 time in total.

1+1=10

Reply 4 of 5, by Kelly Stiver

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thanks for all the info. Anyway, I've just now downloaded DOSbox 0.72 Win32 installer, and will not install this until after I get my new 500 GB external hard drive set up and connected to my laptop & make a backup of DOSbox 0.72 Win32 installer on a DVD+RW. The version I have Windows 3.11 on is pain old DOSbox 0.72 (I think) Is there a difference with these 2 versions?