VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by sfuarus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!

I haven't find such a topic, thats why I create this one if theres an answer somewhere please let me know it then delete this. 😀

So the problem:
When I press ctrl+alt+del (like to lock the comp) the DosBox close without a word. I've read about but havent found any similar problems. I've tried to run the Box as admin and/or in XP compatible mode but neither them help. Otherwise unless ctrl+alt+del the Box runs correctly without any problems.
------------------
Vista Business
DosBox 0.72
integrated updated vid.card Intel 946GZ with monitor resolution set to 1440*900

thx for the help

Reply 7 of 14, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Tried changing the output=.... setting?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 8 of 14, by gidierre

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

sfuarus :

here I am, I tried but have been unable to reproduce dosbox exiting so, neither ctrl+alt+del nor suspending Vista and then getting out of suspended state : each time dosbox is still there 😀

Otoh I have Vista Home Premium 32 bit and you have Vista Business and I have no idea whether this could interfere.

Have you tried to suspend ?

Reply 9 of 14, by Zachariah

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No problems with vista premium (32 bit) here either. Beside, microsoft always claimed that ctrl+alt+del can not be seen by any other application but windows. If dosbox can do that, we did find something interesting. As well as it must be a vista bug.

Reply 10 of 14, by sfuarus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That's it! With opengl&openglnb it doesnt crash with any other choices it goes dead.

Gidierre: it did when i pressed ctrlaltdel, doesnt need any choice from the menu nor lock and unlock with passw.

anyway, thanks for the help. 😁

Reply 12 of 14, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

get decent opengl drivers (e.g not the ones from the microsoft website, but from your graphic card website)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 13 of 14, by gidierre

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
sfuarus wrote:
damn! it works but its awfully slow. :depressed: even the typing is slow. tried with cycles put max but it doesnt matter nor f […]
Show full quote

damn! it works but its awfully slow. 😢
even the typing is slow.
tried with cycles put max but it doesnt matter nor frameskipping.
whats the solution for this?

uhm... I never used opengl\openglnb that much myself, always ddraw, or direct3d, essentially for the same reason as yours : performance 😖

afaik it mostly depend on what graphics card & drivers one has...

with some cards for instance it happened to me openglnb was completely a no-go.

Reply 14 of 14, by sfuarus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Qbix: integrated video with the newest driver. i think the main problem the lack of videocard.

gidierre: i think ill cut short the problem and put an XP on the PC im not satisfied with Vista in other things too.