VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by possecomealive

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I want to mount a cdrom with DosBox. To do that I have to type Z:\>MOUNT D D:\ -T cdrom. But here comes the problem. When i try typing ":" and "\" some other symbols comes up. I read in another thread that it is because I don't have an US-Keyboard. So to make DosBox understand my commands, I typed keyb dk (since I'm from Denmark). Well, this made ":" work, but I still can't type "\".
Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Reply 2 of 12, by Miki Maus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I don't know how much DOSBox keyb command is different from MS-DOS keyb command, but you can also try "keyb dk 850" or "keyb dk 865" and see if that works. (Info on codepages from Non USA Keyboard Layouts)

Reply 3 of 12, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

sorry , that I am going to write in Danish to those who don´t understand Danish.

possecomealive: du kan altså godt trykke på dosbox.conf via din startmenu, og putte keyb dk ind som en start kommando før du begynder at gå ind i dosbox, samt du kan også montere ("mounte") dine drev via den config før du starter dosbox.

Last edited by WolverineDK on 2008-06-09, 18:06. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 5 of 12, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
wd wrote:

Well then write in english, obviously the poster can read it.

Yes, I know he can. But sometimes a very polite apology before hand , when you write in your own language can be understood. And at the same time, I only did it with the apology before that. Heck you can ask him what I wrote, or ask the Dane who lives in Stockholm, what I wrote. Since I didn´t write anything bad.

Reply 8 of 12, by possecomealive

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@Wolverine

Tak for svaret. Desværre er jeg ikke så erfaren med programmet, og er ikke helt sikker på hvad der skal rettes. Så måske du kunne fortælle hvor i conf-filen at jeg helt nøjagtig skal gå ind og ændre noget, for at mounte cd'en før jeg åbner dosbox

Reply 9 of 12, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

possecomealive: I hope everybody can read English, since I am going to explain it in English now, and I hope possecomealive will understand it. Or else I will be explaining it in Danish afterwards.

possecomealive: look at your start menu in XP or Vista , there should be a program "folder" that says dosbox, (and some version number afterwards) then you can see an icon called DOSBox.conf and when you click on that, there it pops up in wordpad, and at the bottom you can write after where it says

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.

and then you can write

keyb dk

And what folder do you have as a "c:" aka. Where do you have your dosgames ? if you have that at multiple places on your harddisk (or do you have multiple drives ?) Anyway, you should have one single folder where all your dosgames are.

And here is an example, let us say it is D:\dosspil. Then you write after keyb dk

mount c d:\dosspil
C:

So your config file after

"[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup." should look something like this

Keyb dk
mount c d:\dosspil
C:

if some people wants to correct my writings, then do it. But don´t give me BS. And maybe some people can help him with mounting the cd/dvd drive.

Last edited by WolverineDK on 2009-07-06, 02:04. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 11 of 12, by gidierre

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

possecomealive wrote :
...so to make DosBox understand my commands, I typed keyb dk (since I'm from Denmark)

if this can help a little bit,
at one time (IIRC Dosbox 0.6x)
I remember using
freedos keyb.exe 2.0 + keyboard.sys
to give you an idea, that would've been from
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/fre … ayout/kpdos.htm
and the like

in autoexec this way :

# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
mount c c:\dosboxstuff
mount d d:\ -t cdrom -ioctl
c:
keyb it

HTH

EDIT
I didn't quite understand if you have already tried the simple setting available in
[dos]
# keyboardlayout -- Language code of the keyboard layout (or none).