VOGONS

a problem

Topic actions

First post, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I was running dpsbpx 0.63 on small sceen and now my computer shows the screen sideways.

Reply 1 of 29, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

the hell is "dpsbpx 0.63"!

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 3 of 29, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

abyss is back... c'mon abyss you have been here a while, dosbox problems need to go into the dosbox forums and you should know that you should always use the current Dosbox version.
And if it was working before on that computer and now suddenly doesn't (you haven't given that much information...) then think what you changed recently... Graphics card drivers perhaps?

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 29, by dh4rm4

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Can't wait for his opinion on how the dpsbx 0.63 is FAR better than newer versions for 'taste' in games.

Reply 5 of 29, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It seems to me that he has a driver that supports some keys to rotate the screen, and some of those keys are the same that dosbox uses.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 7 of 29, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have options like intel r extreme graphics,system and various other choices but I don't want to ruin the computer. I have resorted to tilting my neck to use the thing and now my neck hurts.

Reply 9 of 29, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I want to know how to fix it. I have intel r extreme graphics, system and various other settings but I don't want to ruin the computer.

Reply 10 of 29, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

you can't ruin the computer, just give us for once the basics... WHAT is your system? Is a laptop or PC, more information on the graphics card...
did you test with the varios output options of dosbox?
Was it working before or did it suddenly stop working... bla bla bla bla... you SHOULD now the drill and not behave like that (instead of giving any information posting the same thing twice...)

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 11 of 29, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

It's a 2.66 ghz desktop. I have intel r extreme graphics, system and various other things in the control panel. I rarely use dosbox on this computer so I never had the problem before. I was running dosbox 0.63 with tomb raider demo version in a small screen and then the screen went sideways. I never knew dosbox damages the computer if you don't use a newer version. 0.63 is the only I use.

Reply 12 of 29, by dh4rm4

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Head a'splode!

Reply 14 of 29, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

isn't there an option somewhere to rotate the desktop. I don't know how I would do that and since I don't know I won't bother trying to do it because I don't want to ruin the computer.

Reply 15 of 29, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

do you want help or do you just like copy/pasting too much?
I give up, good luck with your problem and with 0.63...

YOU CAN'T RUIN THE COMPUTER - JUST BE A BIT CREATIVE AND YOU MIGHT FIND IT WITH ALL THE THINGS PEOPLE WROTE ALREADY

Reply 16 of 29, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I ended up finding a way to securely face the lcd monitor sideways. The length of what I can see is increased while the width is decreased. When ever I play a computer game like morrowind I have to place the thing on the correct side and when I go back to tthe desktop I have too securely place it sideways all over again.

Reply 17 of 29, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

abyss - is the picture always turned sideways, or is it only when you use DOSBox?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 18 of 29, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Most monitors have a function to recall modes/positioning. I think several settings can be stored.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 19 of 29, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The creen is always sideways but when I launch a game that runs full screen the screen shows in the normal direction. When it goes back to the desktop it goes sideways again. So I have to securely place it sideways then securely place it normal direction then securely place it sideways.