VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Carnildo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When running Dosbox on my XO-1 with the "overlay" output option, it segfaults whenever I try to run a command, such as "cd win31". It does not crash when using the "surface" output. The "opengl" and "openglnb" options are not available.

Another, probably-related problem is that simply hitting "enter" without running a command causes the command prompt to change from "C:\>" to "C:\Ç>" (That's c-colon-backslash-c-with-funny-squiggle-greater-than").

Any suggestions?

Specs:
AMD Geode LX, 256 MB RAM
OLPC's Fedora 7-derivative
Dosbox 0.72

Reply 1 of 3, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

so with overlay it doesn't crash if you simply start it ?
Try to see if it has to do with scrolling the screen. (by not mounting a thing and press enter on the z:\ a few times)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 3, by Carnildo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If drive C: is automounted, Dosbox crashes as above.
If drive C: is manually mounted and sound is enabled, Dosbox crashes after opening its window, but before displaying anything.
If drive C: is manually mounted and sound is disabled, Dosbox may or may not crash depending on what program is run (Commander Keen 4 and Dosbox internal commands don't crash it, Windows 3.1 does).

If Drive C: is manually mounted, sound is disabled, and I send Dosbox behind another window and bring it back to the front, the X server freezes hard and I need to re-type this post.