VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by boki

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys,

I just have a quick question.

Where can I set what information is displayed in the application's title bar, while DOSBox is running?

Namely the "CPU Cycles... Frameskip... Program..." information.

I am running DOSBox on Mac OS X Leopard.

Reply 3 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

you can most likely use Autohotkey for that.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 4 of 8, by boki

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Autohotkey? As in? (How?)

Oh, I wouldn't go as far as using another application, just to change it. If DOSBox doesn't have this option, then that's a customization feature to implement in a future release.

Another strange thing I've noticed is that when the application window is minimized, the application's name changes to 0.72 for some reason, instead of DOSBox.

Anyhow, hope the developers can implement these seemingly small, but yet crucial changes to blend the app into the OS X environment.

Reply 5 of 8, by boyofdestiny

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just for curiosity's sake, what info would you rather see than the cpu cycles, frameskip, and program you are running. The first is vital (I personally don't modify the frameskip...)

I'm running DOSBox 0.73, when minimized it displays the title bar info (DOSBox 0.73, Cpu Cycles:...and the rest) in my dock (Ubuntu Linux + avant-window-navigator.)
Maybe it's OS X's window manager or something peculiar to the OS X binary?
Perchance it is already fixed?

Reply 6 of 8, by boki

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'd rather just have the title of the application, as that's what the title bar is for in Mac OS X. No version number, no other information. To me, that information is completely useless. I see what's happening anyway, when I'm running my DOS apps.

If only there was a way to enable or disable this extra information in the menu bar via preferences...

To your second question; no, it's not OS X's window manager. It's the DOSBox binary, and it is still like this in version 0.73.

Reply 8 of 8, by ArvinMac

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I do see a couple good uses for boki's wish/request. First one is showing the actual game title instead of the file name in the title bar. Second, is displaying the preferred information when the game window is not wide enough to display all the info.

BTW, thanks to the development team for a great application.