VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by MikeSol

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am running Vista 64 home premium, GTX 260 Core 216 video with latest Nvidia drivers. My monitor is a 19" 1280x1024 native rez if any of that matters.

With the hq3x scaler, I get a small black border all the way around the screen in every game. So, in effect, the viewing window is slighter smaller then it could be. With other scalers, including hq2x, the game window extends to the very edges of my monitor.

So my question is, is there anyway to get this scaler to extend to the edges of my screen? Or is there a scaler that looks as good as hq3x that I can try instead? I tried a few but they looked pretty bad next to hq3x.

Reply 1 of 3, by Miki Maus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Scaler hq3x renders 320x240 and 320x200 with aspect true at 960x720 resolution. The scalar won't do anything more. Maybe that resolution is not supported by your graphics card/monitor so it does who knows what to show it in nearest supported resolution.
Possible solution would be to set fullresolution=1280x1024 and output=ddraw in config file.

Edit:
On my comp with default fullresolution=original and output=surface with hq3x scaler game is rendered at 960x600 resolution in window and 1024x768 resolution in fullscreen with black borders around. And with settings mentioned above it fills entire screen.

Reply 2 of 3, by MikeSol

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

With the resolution set to 1280x1024 and the other setting set to ddraw, my games now fill up in the left\right direction. There is still a small border in the up\down direction but I like this better then the way I had it.

Thank you!

Reply 3 of 3, by ripa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Set aspect=true if the borders are too big. If you don't want any borders (there should be small borders for correct aspect at 1280x1024 which is 5:4 instead of 4:3), set resolution to 1280x960 or some other 4:3 one and set your display or graphics drivers to fill the whole screen.