VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Biopharmer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I have been trying ALL day to get the audio capture dosbox to work on my OSX. I have no way to know it's working either. My config looks like this:

[dosbox] # language -- Select another language file. # memsize -- Amount of memory DOSBox has in megabytes. # machine -- The typ […]
Show full quote

[dosbox]
# language -- Select another language file.
# memsize -- Amount of memory DOSBox has in megabytes.
# machine -- The type of machine tries to emulate:hercules,cga,tandy,pcjr,vga.
# captures -- Directory where things like wave,midi,screenshot get captured.

language=
machine=vga
captures=/capture/
memsize=16

Is there any special way to format the directory on mac? By that I mean how do I format the string that comes after "captures="?

I have put capture folders everywhere, because it says you have to manually create them. What happens if I leave the "captures=" line blank? Will that log the .Wav files into the current directory?

Thanks,
Alex

Reply 1 of 14, by Biopharmer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh and another thing. It's supposed to capture when I hit Ctrl-F6, is this different on OSX? I don't think it is. Is there supposed to be a message to let me know it's logging the WAV? I don't see one ever, not even a message telling me it can't log the wav.

Thanks again,
Alex.

Reply 4 of 14, by Biopharmer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

All right, here's an interesting development for me:
NONE of the Ctrl-F(x) keys are working for me, probably because they're all tied to OSX system commands.
I can't even run the keymapper, because that's Ctrl-F1

So maybe my problem is less about that directory, and more about my keymapping...

Do all OSX Dosbox users have this problem?

Reply 7 of 14, by BloodySword

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

As I remember, there is no message as it would interrupt the gameplay or working... You just will see that a new file in your directory is created where dosebox actually write on it.

Now the keymapper is accessible. Klick on the button wich says "Rec Wave".

dbkm.png

At the bottom of the screen you see Mod1 till 3 (1). These are the modifier keys. They are defined right above them Mod 1 till 3. (2) Here you can look wich key is actually assocated as modifier key. I think you should assocate the Apple-Key. It should (hopefully) work without problems.

Reply 9 of 14, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

in dosbox status(console) window you see all messages of started/stoped recording/capturing

By default you don't get to see the console with the 0.73 dosbox app. Further down I'll explain what to do about this 😀

@biopharmer in your ~/library/preferences/DOSBox 0.73 Preferences edit the capture setting so it uses the full path, e.g.
captures=/users/YOURUSERNAME/documents/dosbox/capture

Also ctrl+cmd+f6 works for me. To see the console so that you can see whether it does anything, in Finder right click (or cmd+click) dosbox in the programs folder, choose "show packet contents" (or similar, in German it's "Paketinhalt zeigen"), in the new finder double click on on the folder contents then doubleclick on the folder MacOS and finally doubleclick on DOSBox.
Dosbox will start as well as a terminal console in which you will see the console messages of Dosbox.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 10 of 14, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dominus wrote:

captures=/users/YOURUSERNAME/documents/dosbox/capture

For short, captures=~/documents/dosbox/capture
where ~ is your user name folder.

If the path include space char, quote the path in "

Klimawandel.

Reply 11 of 14, by Biopharmer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

working now guys thanks.

I can probably figure this out myself but, does anyone know how to get this nasty buzzing out of the background of the midi files I'm playing with it?

I just upgraded to 0.73, was the Adlib emulation changed?

I'm using Midier to play music from Zeliard.

I thought the buzzing COULD be because it was on extended midi instead of general midi, but this was not the case.

Thanks for the help guys!
Alex.