VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by CombatGold1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm playing Descent 2 and using the CD audio. It all works fine, but I don't like one of the tracks :p

Is there a shortcut (programmable or otherwise) that can skip backwards/forwards through which CD audio track is playing? I couldn't find one on the keymapper.

Thanks,

Adam Reece.

Reply 1 of 5, by IIGS_User

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I believe it depends on the game which audio track is currently playing. If the game doesn't offer to switch to another track, there is probably no way to switch.

Klimawandel.

Reply 2 of 5, by CombatGold1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Back in the day of my 486 I could press the play/skip button on my CD-ROM drive to change track - no matter the game. I would assume that if DOSBox had an input to operate a similar button on it's image drive, it could do the same.

Thanks,

Adam Reece.

Reply 3 of 5, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
CombatGold1 wrote:

It all works fine, but I don't like one of the tracks :p

I take it Ogre's craptacular song Ratzez gets on your nerves? The Collector's bundle version has the annoying synthesizer stupid part after the 'you're fcking retarded' bit cut out making the song more tolerable.

Descent 2 has a key to let you change track - ALT+ and ALT-

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 4 of 5, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
CombatGold1 wrote:

Back in the day of my 486 I could press the play/skip button on my CD-ROM drive to change track - no matter the game.

So I think It should be Daemon Tools or any other virtual cd drive that does it.

Reply 5 of 5, by CombatGold1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

leileilol thanks -- didn't see that on the Help screen 😀 It's song 3 and 6 I don't like much from the Descent 2 disk. Song 5 is pretty win though :p Not really tried out the vertigo one yet.

robertmo - could never get CD audio to work when using DaemonTools or whatever to give DOSBox a CD. I use the cdimg command instead.

Thanks,

Adam Reece.