VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Dhall

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I would like to report a smaller "bug" or peculiarity.

I don't know if this has been addressed earlier, I didn't find it with a search. The problem is as follows:

Whenever Total commander is opened, full screen dosbox starts "laggin" but only, when something happens on the screen which has an effect on the whole screen.

I know it sounds weird, but let me explain with an exemple: I startup quake, duke, shadow w, blood...any game. Runs fine, until I pick up something (you know when you pick up something the whole screen lights up for a sec) and then it starts to move slowly. The problem is reproduceable, and also present when there is a whole screen fade in or fade out (in an intro for ex.).

This issue only occurs, when running dosbox full-screen and Total commander is running in the background.

After exiting totalcommander, everything runs fine, so it's not a tragedy, I just wanted to ask you guys if anyone experinced something similar?

However..I'm worried about the beaver competition.

Reply 1 of 3, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Running programs in the background is usually a bad idea when using an emulator or any other cpu hungry application. However, TC should consume almost no CPU cycles at all when idle.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 3 of 3, by Dhall

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Tried the "output = opengl " . It didn't solve the issue, and made dosbox slower. The sound also started to stutte.

However..I'm worried about the beaver competition.