VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by dash

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi, are there any dos emulators for nintendo ds? - so i can play games like 'syndicate' on my DS.

if not, are there any plans for a dosbox engine which can do this?

Reply 5 of 8, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The CPU is very weak relatively to the requirements neccessary for it. I don't think the DS could even handle Alley Cat or ZZT, much less support the minimum resolution required for anything (320x200 is the lowest standard resolution. You can go lower in Mode X though, and you can fake 160x100x16 via CGA text mode...)

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 6 of 8, by slipk487

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There has been an update to DSx86 which is DS2x86. Unlike DSx86 it will only run on on the Supercard DSTwo which has its own processes and ram and and sdk for development.

I have not yet received the free DSTwo card that SuperCard has sent me, so I have not been able to fully start coding for it yet. I have been learning MIPS assembly language and have started converting some of the ASM macros I have used in DSx86 to MIPS ASM for DS2x86, though. I am using mostly the same ideas that I have used in DSx86, but will include 386/486 opcodes from the start, and will switch from using the CPU flags directly to a Lazy Flags-type approach. MIPS has so many general purpose registers that I believe I can fit the lazy flags into registers, which should make the code run reasonably fast. Not as fast as the ARM version, obviously, but on the other hand the MIPS processor has quite a bit higher clock speed.

I dont have this flashcart yet but its the one i plan on getting for my dsi xl. Also just recently read that dsi mode has been hacked which will give access to the faster processor speed and extra ram for homebrew.

Reply 8 of 8, by gates007ca

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I have tried world of xeen but only get to the title screen and can not proceed with the 386 opcode not found. How did you get past that or which version of wox do you have? Thanks Gates