VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by jeuer574

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I having trouble with dosbox, while it can't find some files, when I try to run several games. the strange is, when I look in my folder it's there. could somebody have an answer to how I fix this ?? thx !
(sry if my english is bad!)

Reply 1 of 13, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

be more precise, give error messages, your mountings, operating system...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 13, by BastetFurry

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@jeuer574:
dosbox wont recognise changes from outside as it puffers the directory structure.
Simple solution: dont rumage inside your dos dir if you are running dosbox. First close it, make your changes and then restart it.

Reply 3 of 13, by jeuer574

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

for example when I try to run "jetpack" it says: "can't find JETPACK0.DAT". When I look in the folder then it's in the folder..
another example. when I try to start the game called "boloball" DOSbox says: "boloball is missing som files
Missing: BOLOBALL.EXE BOLOBALL.OV0 BOLOBALL.OV1 BOLOBALL.0V2 BOLOBALL.OV3" and this is also the folder, it's the .exe-files I try to run.

I am using a HP Mini 110-1100 (notebook), with Windows7 starter 32-bit, 1 GB RAM and 1.60 GHz... another you want to know ?? but I can't see that this should be the problem.. I hope that the two examples could help you, so you maybe can help me 😀

@BasketFurry
I haven't change anything in the folders I have downloaded, just looked at them and thought "the missing files are there" 😖 or maybe, I haven't understood you right ..

Reply 10 of 13, by jeuer574

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

so what should I do ? I should mount what ?
should I "mount c c:\users\xxx\games\" and then run "jetpack\jetpack" ? (first is folder, and second is the .exe file)
but that doesn't work, same file is missing.. 😖