VOGONS

First post, by Rangoon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi - just found the forum here, and looks like a great place to be. I am considering purchasing "The Dark Eye" - 1995 from inSCAPE. I am running Vista 64-bit, GTX 285, X-Fi sound card, 1920x1200 display.

Should I expect to be able to get this game running if I can find a copy of Windows 3.1 and use DosBox? Or am I asking for a big headache leading to frustration and more headache?

I have read that it requires an old version of QuickTime. Would I be able to install a 16-bit version of QT into a Win 3.1 installation within DosBox?

Thanks!

Reply 1 of 5, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

[Thread moved to DOSBox General Section]

Reply 3 of 5, by Rangoon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, though I had already searched google for this and had read all of the page-one links your search returned. However, what I can't find are specific success stories with Vista/7 64-bit. I have found Vista 32-bit and XP successes, but not Vista 64-bit. Would this create any problems for me? Or should I expect as much chance for success with either OS? I should have specified that in my OP. I don't know if, for example, an old 16-bit version of QuickTime will run in DOSBox on my 64-bit Vista computer.

Reply 5 of 5, by Rangoon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, Dominus!