VOGONS

First post, by kruwi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have created a harddisk image and have installed MS-DOS 6.22 and some other apps on that image (Turbo Pascal, Win 3.11 etc.).

Everytime I boot from that image (boot -l c) the cycles will automatically change to max. Maybe the cpu core changes to dynamic core also, but I am not sure about that.

This - of course - happens only if I leave cpu core and cycles at their default values (auto and auto). Before I boot from the image, cycles will be at 3000, then immediately change to max.

If I bother about it and change the values before I execute the boot command (e.g. explicitely set them to: core normal; cycles 3000), they will stay that way.

Still it's annoying because I would like the booted DOS to behave like dosbox's DOS (use the auto settings). But the auto settings don't seem to work anymore once I have executed boot -l c. Is that a bug or is not supposed to work anyway?

Visit the end of the internet: www.groskreutz.de

Reply 1 of 2, by h-a-l-9000

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Protected mode memory managers make it go max.

1+1=10

Reply 2 of 2, by kruwi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Thank you for the information. Then I guess it's because those drivers are loaded in my config.sys?

Is there a way to change the cpu core // cycles=auto settings after I have booted MS-DOS from the image?

Visit the end of the internet: www.groskreutz.de