VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Laka

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I want to learn a lauch dos game with dosbox turbo on android (like a simple exercise).

Can you tell me how to run "alone in the dark", please?

Thank you again for your help.

Reply 1 of 2, by Malik

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Make a folder in your phone or sd card and put all your dos related files in their sub-folders in there. As an example let's name it simply "Dos".

for e.g. /storage/sdcard/Dos

or /storage/extSdCard/Dos (external SD card)

so your Alone in the Dark files should be in the /storage/sdcard/Dos/Alone (if you are creating the folder called Alone)

In Dosbox Turbo, look at your settings and see where the dosbox.conf file is situated. Using a text editor, edit this file and change the last statement of mount command to reflect where your Dos files are. In the example above, your last few lines of the dosbox.conf should read as :

mount c: /storage/sdcard/Dos
c:

Save the file and run Dosbox Turbo.

When Dosbox loads and you're in the C:\> prompt, type DIR to see the contents of the folder. You should see the directory (folder) called ALONE in the list.

If you can see it, that means the configuration is correct.

Then type CD\ALONE and press enter
and then type ALONE and press enter (I think ALONE is the executable to launch the game or type DIR.EXE to see a list of executables in the directory.)

(Upper or lower cases within DOS prompt does not matter.)

There is also a free app called Dosbox Manager by the same author of Dosbox Turbo for Android. It's a front-end like D-Fend Reloaded to have multiple configs for individual games.

Dos commands are beyond the scope in this thread, so you might need more help if you are not familiar with DOS.

I'm running Dosbox Turbo in my Galaxy Note II.

Edit : I remember Infogrammes used to have TATOU.COM as the game launcher for their games.

5476332566_7480a12517_t.jpgSB Dos Drivers