VOGONS

Common searches

Bochs compiling help

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Dasher

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I created a topic in the wrong catagory so I guess this one is better for my question 😜

"Applied initial version of the 3dfx Voodoo Graphics emulation. The Voodoo core is based on a patch originally designed for DOSBox. Currently only the Voodoo1 adapter model can be emulation. The emulation is currently slow, but we intend to clean up and optimize the code. Running the 3D engine in a separate thread is also planned. To compile with Voodoo support the configure option "--enable-voodoo" must be used. Then the device can be activated with "plugin_ctrl: voodoo=1" in bochsrc or on the command line. The device will be assigned automatically to a PCI slot unless you do that manually. A specific bochsrc
option to select the adapter model will be added when the code has support for it"

http://code.metager.de/source/search?q=voodoo&project=bochs

- My question is then Has anyone maneged to compile these files and get this stuff working on Bochs 2.5.1?

Reply 2 of 5, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Dasher wrote:

I created a topic in the wrong catagory so I guess this one is better for my question 😜

This is also not the right category, as this is the forum for DOSBox and not Bochs.

And I have no idea why you are talking about Bochs 2.5.1 when the latest version is clearly 2.6.

Also, starting more topics is not going to get you an answer any faster, so don't do that.

Reply 3 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Especialky when already told to ask the bochs people for compiling help...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper