fullfixed=true
fullwidth=640
fullheight=480
output=opengl
hwscale=1.00
autolock=true
sensitivity=100
waitonerror=true

it just changes resolutions into a black screen and then exits. however, if i start in a window and then switch to fullscreen it works. so any ideas why this is? thanks.

Regards
S

Reply 2 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

there are more people with this problem

But it works fine at my place and the code is quite simple (dosbox actually first starts with a window... and dosbox initialisation is complete it parses it's configuration parameters. Only then it switches to fullscreen. (it would be the same as if you pressed fullscreen when dosbox has just started.)

Little difference (offcourse there are differences.) But dosbox always starts with a window (640x400)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 5, by Guest

User metadata

Yeah but oddly enough, if i press fullscreen hotkeys when it just started, it switches ok, whereas starting with fullscreen true doesn't. it seems like it's something that would be easily fixed. even though it's not that much of a pain to press the keys i wonder why it wouldn't work with fullscreen as default.

Reply 4 of 5, by Darkfalz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I get the same bug. Starting up in fullscreen + OpenGL results in a crash. Good thing I prefer plain old blocky regular output.

Reply 5 of 5, by Jackal

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yes ! I have the same problem ! Trying to run opengl and only black screen as output. Why it can be ?