VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Guest

User metadata

The Help file says to mount a C: drive, type this:

mount c /home/user/dosprog

This does not work on Mac OSX. I tried it like this:

mount c Harddiskname:Users:Username:directoryname

but it won't work. OSX uses : instead of / but also with / it won't work. What is wrong?

Reply 5 of 9, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

As far as I know, OSX is basically a Unix variant with a grahical frontend. So while you might know your directory paths as Harddiskname:Users:Username:directoryname, I think the underlying operating system still uses the standard Unix notation of /dir1/dir2/dir3.

So the question is in which context DOSBox is interpreting file names? Is there someway you can start a Unix command prompt (a Shell) on you Mac?

Can you use the commands 'cd dirname', 'ls -l' and 'cd ..' to navigate your way to the directory you want to mount?

Can you use the command 'pwd' (print working directory), to see what the OSX/Unix name is?

What happens if you try to mount the directoy from DOSBox using the path given by 'pwd'?
--
MiniMax

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 7 of 9, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Ahh - the power of the command line strikes again!
--
MiniMax - "As the pen is mightier than the sword, the command line is mightier than the mouse."

Reply 8 of 9, by Somewhat Damaged

User metadata

What help file are you using? I can't find any help-file ANYWHERE!

Also, I just downloaded the latest version, and I have no idea how to run it (for OS X). I have tons of old DOS games on CD, but I don't have a clue on how-to run the dosbox program that I downloaded...

any ideas? A link to the "readme" perhaps? Thanks...

Reply 9 of 9, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

The latest and greatest DOSBox ReadMe file, straight from the source.