VOGONS

First post, by ponyboy

User metadata

Hi, Just d/l the program to try and get it to run an old flightsim program (FS3), but the program seems to start.. it creates a dos box fora moment and goes away??? So fast I can't read what it is doing. I d/l the Windows 0.61 version.

My system:

Intel P4 2.8GHz
1.5 GIG 27900 DDR RAM
ATI 9700 Pro AGP
Running Windows XP
All hard drives are in the NTFS format

Am I doing something wrong???

Reply 1 of 6, by mirekluza

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Probably OpenGL problem. Search the forum for information.

Mirek

Reply 2 of 6, by Cthulhus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Try to use a defaut DOSBox settings ... It's should work ... I know that FS 5 doesn't work, but by memory, FS 1, 2, 3 and 4 work nice

Reply 3 of 6, by ponyboy

User metadata

Thanks guys,

I don't believe I didn't made any changes to the default settings but I will look over that and the GL thingy. Glad to hear though it should run FS 1 thru 4 as I have all of those.

One other thing since I have your attention. When I do get it up and running it will run in a "windowed" for those? I am planning to do some video captures of the various versions of FS and can't capture if they are in full screen emulation.

thanks...

Reply 4 of 6, by ponyboy

User metadata

Ok, after taking another 100 looks at the program because it crashes so fast, this is what it is saying in the DOS box when I start the .exe:

CONFIG: Loading settings from the config file dosbox.conf
FATAL SIGNAL: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

at that point another window begins to open with the title SDL but that's as far as it gets before closing. Hopefully you can help a bit further with that info. I have made no changes to the configuration since I cannot get the program to open long enough. Asd that OpenGL idea... well that is way over my head.

help...

Reply 6 of 6, by ponyboy

User metadata

Thanks... I think that did it. So the latest version isn't always the best version. I have another question but I will start a new thread.