VOGONS

First post, by keenerb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The forum search only pulled up some threads from 2011 and a link to an updated SDL that doesn't seem to work for me.

Basically, is there any way to get relative input via touchscreen rather than absolute? I.E., the location I touch on the screen is registered as a mouse click at that x/y, rather than having to swipe the mouse around like the screen is some sort of giant trackpad?

It's rather obnoxious that the Android and iOS ports have this feature yet I can't find it anywhere in the mainline release...

Reply 1 of 5, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

nope as those ports aren't made by us.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 5, by keenerb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I did but I can't get it to work windowed.

It's a damn shame Doxbos doesn't already support this, there is a real glut on the market of cheap Windows 8 x86 hardware that'd be PERFECT for portable little dos gaming machines.

Do any of the unofficial PC ports offer this functionality? Or am I allowed to ask that here?

Reply 4 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The issue is with SDL 1.2 and most of the ports use the same ver as SDL as the official DOSBox ver.

The unofficial build that's linked on this forum uses SDL2: An adaptation to SDL 2.0 (Alpha-level Android build attached)

SDL2 is a major change from SDL1.2 and the change doesn't do anything to increase compatibility with DOS games themselves so isn't a priority.

There are a ton of old laptops without touchscreens that can run DOSBox just fine.....

You can ask all you want just don't ask for any support for the unofficial builds here.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 5, by keenerb

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah I picked up a little fanless celeron 10" netbook to use for dos gaming. it works very well. 2gb ram and old 60gb SSD.

I couldn't resist the lure of a a 7" portable Windows PC though, Microcenter had the Winbook 7" on sale for $59, and was just a little surprised touchscreen wasn't really working well.