VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by aviramof

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't know how or why but when I remove Intel® Smart Connect Technology I can activate dosbox in full screen and when I install it and restart I can't.
not in this windows install any way.Just for some general knowledge.

Reply 2 of 2, by aviramof

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't think it has anything to do with emulator's settings. I was trying to understand why I get error 0x101-0x20017 error when trying to upgrade to windows 8.1 again and one of the solutions wast to remove Iobit and intel softwares. now I never manage to fix this error and reupgrade to 8.1 but after removing intel and iobit dosbox problem was solved. I have reinstalled iobit start menu and still there was no problem, but intel smart connect require restart and after that dosback went back to minimize mode and not full screen so I removed it again. what I don't understand is this intel smart connect is part of my motherboard if I don't install it I get a yellow mark in device manager which mean that it was installed long before I installed dosbox and for three or four days they both worked fine with each other so what caused the change???
Could it be the new NVidia driver 352.86? or the registry scan I did with iobit advance care??? it is a strange bug very strange for me.

and on my other windows 8.1 it is still working fine for now at least for now with intel smart connect. maybe it would develop the same bug in a few days.