VOGONS

First post, by mccorkled

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks to all the people that are willing to help people, I have learned a lot in the few threads I have posted. I have another issue that just came up when going through all my old games and installing them.

When I run the setup.exe through windows 3.11 everything works fine and dandy. The problem is that I am keeping all my games in a separate location. I moved the folder to where all my other games are and then setup the autoexec as follows...

(Z is my server, it is not causing this issue, ALL my other games work fine)

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
mount c "Z:\Hyperspin\Emulators\Microsoft MS-DOS\Windows 3.1"
mount D "Z:\Hyperspin\Emulators\Microsoft MS-DOS\ROMS\Bermuda Syndrome"
c:
cd windows
win c:\windows\runexit d:\scn\bermuda.exe

The bermuda.exe file is located in the scn folder after the install.

Windows 3.11 launches fine and then I get this error,

avsvx0.png

followed by this...

2euuao0.png

followed by this...

2e21jra.png

I also tried this autoexec,

[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
imgmount D "Z:\Hyperspin\Emulators\Microsoft MS-DOS\ROMS\Bermuda Syndrome\CD Image\Bermuda Syndrome.iso" -t cdrom
mount c "Z:\Hyperspin\Emulators\Microsoft MS-DOS\Windows 3.1"
mount D "Z:\Hyperspin\Emulators\Microsoft MS-DOS\ROMS\Bermuda Syndrome"
c:
cd windows
win c:\windows\runexit d:\scn\bermuda.exe

to no avail. From what I understand, the CD needs to be in the drive when you play the game, even though a FULL install copies all of the CD files over to the HDD. I thought mounting the CD would work but it did not.

Thanks! 😀

Reply 1 of 4, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Your second attempt is causing obvious problems because you first use imgmount to mount the iso as D and then you mount a folder also as D. That can't work.
Overall don't EVER change drives and paths on your mountings after having installed something.
So, imgmount the iso as E, reinstall to that scn folder on D and then keep everything the same and run it.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 4, by Tertz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

There may to be different things. Easier for you is to find REMOVED

Last edited by DosFreak on 2023-09-09, 23:29. Edited 1 time in total.

DOSBox CPU Benchmark
Yamaha YMF7x4 Guide

Reply 3 of 4, by mccorkled

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dominus wrote:

Your second attempt is causing obvious problems because you first use imgmount to mount the iso as D and then you mount a folder also as D. That can't work.
Overall don't EVER change drives and paths on your mountings after having installed something.
So, imgmount the iso as E, reinstall to that scn folder on D and then keep everything the same and run it.

Thank you. I got it working. All my other cd games didn't need the cd in to play so this one threw me off.