Reply 20 of 23, by JHawx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

but putting those commands in order of:

choice /c:123x /n Choose one of [1,2,3, or X to exit]:  

or

choice /c:x123 /n Choose one of [1,2,3, or X to exit]:  

results short execution. I meant that it acts as choise isnt there. The last code will be run, others dont care. I mean that it could be great to use letters for diffirent games, but if you need to use alternative methods to diffirent startups

like in Master of Magic, there is magic command that launches the game (binded to "M" letter) there could be other setting also. The wizard command sends the game directly to last savegame state (bybasses the start menu totally) would be bind to number (number "2")

is this hardcode error? or is there actual rule that you cant mess up the letters to numbers?any bybasses to this criteria? 😁

Reply 21 of 23, by JHawx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

if i drop the call command, is it okay then. i would really like to start formatting this document to dosbox wiki.

when i get this one to work and done, i will do advanced menus for dosbox.
this one takes more time. 😁

Reply 22 of 23, by JHawx

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Still live and kickin.

I am thinking to moving this scenario to "how to:s" section. I will alter the text, so it does not mention "call" command.

Now i am asking for permission to start "choise command box" to how to:s section. This would consist 2 separate sections: simple choise box and advanced choise box.

first is detailed in this topic, secoond has multiple menu funktion. (if you choose "a" you get "adventures" = 1,2,3,4,5,6...)

Do i get the permit to do this? admins? 🤣