VOGONS

First post, by AAGPCN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am trying to run PC Navigator (copied from my old PC) in Windows 10. When I enter z:\>MOUNT C C:\DOSBoxPr it says "Directory C:\DOSBoxPr doesn't exist". However, it is there under "Documents". How do I do this "MOUNT" in Windows 10??

Reply 1 of 5, by Shagittarius

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

MOUNT C C:\USERS\(YOUR USER NAME)\DOCUMENTS\DOSBoxPr

Assuming your install is standard just substitute your user name there with no parenthesis. Documents is not the root C.

POST NOT FOUND

Reply 2 of 5, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

[Thread moved to DOSBox General Section]

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 3 of 5, by AAGPCN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks to Shagittarius…!!….It worked after some fiddling!! The "Directories" had to be shortened to 8 characters and I used the DOS commands "DIR" and "CD" to find my way through. I finally had to do it in steps, although there may be a faster way. I did....

Z:> MOUNT C C:\USERS\
Z:\>C:
C:\>ANTHON~1\DOCUME~1\DOSBOXPR>PCN

The "DOCUME~1" is the DOS version of "DOCUMENTS".

This ran the program "PCN" "PC Navigator. I use this for my almanac with my Sextant for marine navigation and star finding!

Reply 4 of 5, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Also be careful with paths that include a space, as in C:\Users\Joe Everyone\Documents\DOSBox.
In that case, just type the path in quotes.

Mount C "C:\Users\Joe Everyone\Documents\DOSBox"

Alternatively, you can also use a relative path.

If you have a folder named DOS in the DOSBox directory, just type:

Mount C DOS

Or, if you like to mount a folder named GAME -that's inside DOXBox\DOS- as drive letter E :

C:\> Mount E DOS\GAMES

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 5 of 5, by AAGPCN

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Jo22,

Thank you for the additional ways to "mount"! I'm trying them out now, now that my PC Navigator program is up and running!!

AAGPCN