VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Beckett

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

All of the games I've tried running through DOSBox have run great in windowed mode, but if I switch to fullscreen mode there is severe flickering. Changing the refresh rate on my video card doesn't appear to make a difference.

I've tried experimenting with a lot of different DOSBox settings (through D-Fend), but none of them seemed to help the problem.

Thanks in advance for any tips or assistance you can offer!

Reply 2 of 4, by Pale Dim

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

D-Fend may be the problem-- it doesn't play nice with DOSBox 0.65. Even when starting DOSBox directly from within D-Fend, I get incorrect aspect and some flickering. Until a frontend compatible with 0.65 appears, I've returned to manual/batch file startup for DOSBox.

Reply 3 of 4, by Shed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i'm doing a FrontEnd v0.65 compatible

it's on DOSBox Development area

New Front End for DOSBox (under development)

i just make the autoinstaller but i don't know if install on other systems.. 😁

but...it's beta version NOT FINNISHED....still somethings to do....

in last page, you have >setup3.zip< have some things to have in mind

1) you need BDE installed (the autoinstaller have BDE installation)
(Borland Database Engine is intended for Games Library database with title of game, and some other fields related like autoexec.bat lines (for each game) etc.....this section is showed in front end, but still don't work)

2) when you install, and try execute, the Program Files Shortcut don't work...you must go there, and copy manually bosdox.exe and juegos.dbf to DOSBox folder and run it from there....

2a) the frontend assume that actual directory is where dosbox.exe is located....)

Reply 4 of 4, by foxyshadis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Double-buffering causes flickering like you describe on my system, but disabling it makes it look great. (In fact double-buffering in fullscreen weirds up the whole screen even after exit with cat 6.3 now.)

Pale Dim, d-fend 1 and 2 both work fine for dosbox .65 if you add the new options. (resolution->original, cycles->auto, render->openglhq & direct3d) Well, v1 won't let you add "original" to the list of resolutions, but otherwise... Most likely it's happening because it's using its own default dosbox configs, if you replicated those batch files into dfend's config it should perform identically. Aside from the new mpu401 sematics I guess.