VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Type in "ZMBV + DosBox" into google and received a couple of hits.

Looks like the video recording is really taking off.

Only problem is alot of users have no understanding of the codec.

Common problems:

1. My movie won't play!
Install the ZMBV Codec!

2. ZMBV is stupid! I can compress the video file with "insert favorite compression program here" and it compresses it much better!

DosBox's video compression is lossless (it doesn't compress), this is so you can record those l33t skills in DosBox without having to worry about the performance hit you'd get if DosBox was compressing using a lossy codec....which is much less forgiving.

3. My audio/video is out of sync!

Not too sure about this one, some users are mentioning that they have problems if their desktop refresh rate is at 60hz and adjusting it higher fixes it. Since DosBox uses 70hz I guess that's the culprit.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 1 of 9, by Roxor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Have you seen any reports, besides mine, of the red and blue in the pallete being swapped?

EDIT: Could this have something to do with how the video is decoded? If it's decoded as RGB24, some video hardware might get the red and blue mixed up.

Reply 2 of 9, by veloopity

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can store Dosbox videos and play them - wonderful! this is something I've always dreamed of when I used real DOS.

I'd love to show some of these videos on my website or on places like Youtube. Haven't uploaded anything to Youtube yet but I assume that they need a different video format - so I need some method to transform the video format from ZMBV AVI to something else, Quicktime or whatever.

Ideas anyone?

-m

Reply 3 of 9, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

VirtualDub. Load the video, select "normal recompress" from the "video" menu, select "compression" from the "video" menu, choose your desired codec and then "save as avi" from the "file" menu.

My site: Ramblings on mostly tech stuff.

Reply 7 of 9, by Ro55

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, are you talking about this http://ffdshow.faireal.net/mirror/ffdshow/ffd … rev2529-SSE.exe ?? I've used it together with K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 1.53 (Default installation)... and it crashes whenever I play zmbv.

Reply 9 of 9, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Found a good site with some videos of flight sims: http://www.datagrind.com/flightsim/index.php?HOME

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline