VOGONS

First post, by someuser77

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i am using dosbox 0.65 to run some game.
i call it using "dosbox.exe run.exe" and the game is fine but when i exit the game i need to type 'exit' to close the dosbox window/shell.
is there a way to make dosbox close itself when the game exits?

Reply 1 of 6, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

add -exit parameter

Reply 2 of 6, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

does that close it if the proggie reports an error when exiting? as when playing settlers 2 with the dos4gw replacement it reports a message every time the game is run and as such i failed to find a way to auto close it even with a front end to help. (d-fend)

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 3 of 6, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

D-Fend simply adds the 'exit' command to the end of the [autoexec] section in the profile's configuration file. So, as long as typing 'exit' after the 'dos4gw replacement report message' works, D-Fend should work too?!

Reply 4 of 6, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Of course, wouldn't 'exit' only work if he called games up via the autoexec section? If he just starts dosbox without loading a game, 'exit' would be called and it would just end. I think your best bet is a front end unless you want to make seperate configs for each game, if so then just add 'exit' after you've called the game's exe.

Reply 5 of 6, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

heh i just want to make a simple start menu shortcut that contains the path to dosbox <gamepath> <-exit>

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 6 of 6, by someuser77

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks.