VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Lepie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings all,

When I try to play a game and move the mouse, the mouse pointer snaps back to it's point of origin, mostly the center of the window. After moving the mouse, it takes a short, variable amount of time to snap back, depending on the movement speed and travel distance of the pointer. But this occurs mostly within a second.

I use Dosbox 0.74 on a Linux Mint system.

I have only played two games thusfar: Hexen and Fable (1996). Although Hexen doesn't have a cursor, in the game you can still look around with the mouse. And when you look around, it centers the viewpoint after a short time. Fable only seems to show this behaviour in fullscreen mode. When I have Dosbox in windowed mode, I can properly point and click. With Hexen it doesn't matter which mode you use. I expect any other attempt with other games yield the same result.

My mouse is a Logitech M570 trackball. At first I thought the behaviour might be caused by having two devices configured on one Logitech wireless Receiver. I appointed each device to it's own receiver and the problem still persisted. I tried with a touchpad on a laptop to no avail. I don't have a normal mouse to try.

I played around with some settings, because one never knows...
fullscreen - true/false
fullresolution - original/1024x768
sensitivity settings - 30/100/200
output - tried em all
frameskip
joysticktype - none

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance

Reply 1 of 1, by Lepie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Meanwhile, it appeared I did have a spare mouse lying around. A wired non-trackball mouse... In short: on my laptop this seems to fix my problems. The odd mouse behaviour was gone. On my main system, the problem persists. I had my Logitech equipment completely removed and replaced, but this did not make a difference.