VOGONS

First post, by prismra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Something is odd here. I mount the cd:

mount d /Volumes/cdname -t cdrom -usecd 0

Try to run setup, it says: invalid command mode

then it starts the install program and crashes. This game works fine on my windows dosbox install.

Other games start their install program and say they can't find the CD. These are games that work fine in the windows dosbox but not the mac.

Is there something special about the mac operating system that is preventing 'full' use of the cdrom drive or something?

Rocking the following:

Roland MT-32
Roland SC-55 Sound Canvas

Reply 1 of 2, by dougdahl

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Try "mount -cd" to see if you are using the right number. Your system might see some other filesystem and presume that it is cd 0.
Also might not hurt to check spelling and capitalization. Under *nix, capitalization does matter.
(Not sure about this, but do you have to mount the cd under Mac? Because dosbox only mounts an already existing directory. So for Linux I have to mount a cd under Linux and then under dosbox. And mount it under Linux before I start dosbox as I have trouble getting dosbox to recognize changes in directories)

Reply 2 of 2, by prismra

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I tried that, it's CD 0. ; )

It mounts the CD's fine as I can run the installers. It it just not 'reading' something correctly at some point I think. I'll have to try some other games and see what I get...

Rocking the following:

Roland MT-32
Roland SC-55 Sound Canvas